Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tex-Mex Tofu Scramble With Beans

 

Eating vegan sometimes isn't easy for me when it comes to breakfast.  I always seem to go automatically to oatmeal, breads or sugary desserts. Carb-O-Holic is what I am. But sometimes I simply crave eggs.  While walking through San Antonio on a recent trip to Texas, one can't notice all the Tex-Mex restaurants to eat at. Then it popped into my head...
    Why not create a tofu scramble with that little bit of Texas Flair! (Did I mention I looooove Texas? Well, I did now.)

Tex-Mex Tofu Scramble

Ingredients~
1 Block soft Tofu
1/4 cup Rotelle Tomatoes. I used the spicy ones. OLE! ;)
1 tsp jalapeno grape seed oil (for flavor but you can omit this is and use regular oil if needed)
Texas Steak Seasoning or any other steak seasoning you prefer. (note~if it doesn't have salt in it, use a little bit of salt too)
1/2 can of Pinto beans,  a whole can for more people or if you are just out right hungry. =)

This is such a simple quick dish to make.  First I took the oil and heated it into the pan.  I added the tofu and started breaking it up and sauteing it.  After a few minutes, I added the Rotelle and stirred it until most of the liquids had started to evaporate.  I added the beans and cooked them till warm.  A quick sprinkle with Steak seasoning and the dish is done.


 
Here I added a little bit of home fries and a tortilla .  Turning this into a mini burrito was yummy too. As far as eggs, they weren't missed since this little ensemble tasted so much like them. I'm one Happy Texas Camper now. =) 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment