Thursday, January 16, 2014

Southern Butter Coconut Syrup

 Even though it's nice and warm here in southern California this winter, there are still a few of those chilly mornings when you wake up and desire a nice hot batch of griddle cakes, pancakes or waffles.  Well, it was one of those days. And along with one of "those" days, today I wanted a less traditional syrup.  So how about you?  Would you like to get your hands on a delicious Vegan delicacy for your breakfast?  How about something buttery, gooey and smooth?
Well, you are in Luck!
 
Here it is, in all of its full glory....
 
Southern Butter Coconut Syrup. Almost enjoyable by just spoonfuls. Now, I'm not saying I've done that, but I won't say I didn't either....
 
I plead the Fifth...

 Southern Butter Coconut  Syrup
 
1 stick vegan butter
1/2 can coconut milk including the cream.(Make sure to skim all the coconut solid cream to use too. It is normally on the top of the can. (Trick~open can overnight and leave open in the refrigerator. It will start to get solid on top)
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon of coconut oil

 
I started melting my butter.
I added the sugar and baking soda.
I added the milk.
And it got frothy right away. So I added the coconut oil and stirred, then took it off the stove.
The syrup was a thing of beauty. You'll want to serve it frothy.

I must say that my whole family, and my son's friend included, were thrilled with this syrup. When I mentioned there was coconut oil in it, they at first turned their nose up at it. But once they tried it, they were in love too. This was a nice, silky and buttery syrup. Using this syrup gave us no need to butter our waffles first, trust me on this. It was heavenly and delightful.  This syrup was wonderfully delicious and lasted wrapped in the refrigerator for the next couple days, no problem.  I just heated it slightly in the microwave and voila....nice, hot, buttery delicious topping for my waffles and cakes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment