Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bread Pudding


Lately I have had a big sweet tooth. I was going through my pantry and refrigerator tonight looking for a quick fix.  I decided to try and throw together a bread pudding. I used to make a lot of them but I was so used to using half a dozen eggs in the old days and now I needed to concoct a vegan version. All I have to say is that it was the bomb!  My non vegan hubby didn't know it was vegan and when I let him finish my bread pudding, he simply said it was "Amazing, a true party in his mouth."  Then I told him it was Vegan.  He smiled really big!


Bread Pudding~

5 slices bread cut into squares, the less fresh, the better
1/4 c. coconut cream (from the top of canned coconut milk is best)
1/3 c. powdered sugar plus a little bit more to sprinkle the tops
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp vanilla
5.3 ounce container of Banana, Mango or Coconut Tofu Dessert (I have pictured Coconut but I actually used Banana this time)


Mix all ingredients really well in a blender or mixer.
 
Cut bread into chunks.
 
Mix the bread into the mixture gently coating it.
 
Pour into lightly greased dishes. Bake @350 degrees for 25 minutes. Once done, broil the top for about 3 minutes more until nicely browned on top.
 
Sprinkle with powered sugar and enjoy!
 
 
Here is another one I made using coconut tofu dessert, blackberries and fresh ginger.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment