Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vegan Sour Cream Vanilla Donuts

 
 
 
Christmas was really special this year.  It was a blessed time with great announcements.  Two of my biggest thrills were the announcement that I am going to be a first time grandma and second, that my son was moving back home after being gone a year.  After that, the year had ended completely and utterly perfect.   A few of my favorite gifts were, of course, kitchen appliances, with one being this wonderful donut maker from my nephew. I couldn't wait to bake up a storm with it.  So far, I've tried making two types of donuts.  The pumpkin donut with cinnamon spice was good, but needed some work.  However the Sour Cream Vanilla donuts were oh so tasty.  I had to leave the kitchen before I ate them all myself. (Yes, I really liked them!)
Here is the recipe.
INGREDIENTS~
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut, rice or soy milk
  • 1/4 cup silk vanilla creamer
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup vegan gourmet sour cream
  • 1 tsp ener-g egg powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • TOPPING~
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar

  • Mix all ingredients and cook in a donut maker for 5 minutes.  Once cooled, sprinkle or roll in powdered sugar.
    *note~ for perfectly measured donuts, I use a small cookie dough scoop.  Easy peasy!
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment