Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pistachio Pudding

Lately I've been dreaming about what recipes to make for Fall. Obviously, I wanted something nutty, robust in flavor and sweet.  Desserts happen to be the easiest for me so I thought I'd start there. I went through my pantry for a little bit of inspiration and found a large bag of Pistachios. I decided I'd like to try my hand at a homemade pistachio pudding. Not only is this a great dish with a lot of flavor but this would be the perfect dessert for a St Patrick's Day Party or dinner too. But I'm so excited about this dish, I may make it as palate pudding, small bites, for after my Thanksgiving Day Dinner and right before dessert.  Two desserts...I like!




Pistachio Pudding
Ingredients:
1 can of coconut milk (preferable one with a lot of cream on the top)
2 cups pistachios
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 tsp corn starch




To begin, I took the sugar and pistachios and blended them in a blender.  I added the rest of the ingredients and blended again until well mixed. I put the ingredients into a pan on the stove over low heat and stirred until it started to bubble.  (Be cautious, this will burn if you don't stir frequently.) I immediately poured it into small individual bowls to chill for at least four hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment