Friday, July 4, 2014

Watermelon, Feta And Vegan Shrimp Salad



 For all my fellow Americans, Happy 4th of July.  As we celebrate our Birthday, our Independence day and our day of Freedom, families and friends are getting together to eat, swim, BBQ and pray.  As I thought about the many different dishes that would arrive at our celebration, I'd probably see potato salads, coleslaw's and many other meat and dairy laden foods.  So I decided to make a delicious and fresh salad that would not only suffice as a salad, but as a meal also.  Enjoy this salad today and all summer long, celebrating also the fresh fruits and veggies of summer and the wee bit of vegan shrimp flavors of the ocean.
This salad is made for a crowd but feel free to scale it down to the perfect size for you or your friends and family.

Watermelon, Feta And Vegan Shrimp Salad

1 Whole Small Watermelon cut into cubes
7 ounces Vegan Feta (I used Heidi Ho...and wow is it good!)
1 Lime (zested and juiced)
1 bunch Green Onions, sliced (about 8-10)
1 Box Vegan Shrimp ( I used Vegetarian Plus)
4 Cups fancy lettuce
1 Cup sliced grape tomatoes
1 Cucumber, diced
Your favorite Vinaigrette

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Toss gently with vinaigrette. Eat and Celebrate.


 
 
Here is my favorite Vinaigrette~
1/3 cup balsamic
2/3 cup olive oil (I mix my half and half with a citrus oil like Lime Oil or Blood Orange Oil)
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp citrus zest
1 tsp bee free Honee
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Caitlin! Hope yesterday was fabulous for you too. Here's to healthy and happy eating. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love comments. They make me smile and keep me going. However, I do not appreciate the full page advertisements of solicitations. Thank you for finding me but let's keep this area for questions, comments and Loooove! Thanks~ Kimberly

      Delete