Saturday, December 26, 2015

Pignolata


 
 
 
 
 
 
Hey now...
It's time to face the music.  It's the holidays and with the great tradition in keeping up with our relatives of days gone by...we BAKE, and bake and bake and bake. And since you are here on my blog looking at all the yummy sweet treats that I simply can't seem to get enough of, I'm going to assume you are here looking for recipes or simple recipes at best. (If you are just here to  dream or browse, that's alright too but mind your keypad, you don't want to get it all goopy from drooling,  just saying.)
But, perhaps you are here to pass off a to do list of things to bake, to your mom, kids, friend or loved one to make for you this Holiday season or New Year. And if that's true, Great, because this is one of the easiest quickest recipes around.
When my kiddos were younger, I tried to keep our Italian family traditions alive and made delicious meals of Pasta and Italian cookies just like Great Grandma used to make. I would try and make her potatoes, eggs and anything the family talked about...I'd attempt it.
So a few years ago, I was talking to my mother and told her I had found this Pignolata recipe that I had wanted to make for Christmas.  She proceeded to tell me her mom and grandma always made this when she was younger.  Well hello momma...
Did you miss the memo  (Laughing out loud)  about me wanting recipes for our traditions?  Perhaps I jogged her mind of Holiday's past but I was super excited to take an Italian tradition, twist it a bit and make it our own holiday treasure.  So here it is.  And this Pignolata recipe is as easy and simple as you can get. Sweet and Crunchy, we've made this our Dessert and Christmas morning breakfast tradition, just like Great Grandma Randazzo did.

Pignolata Recipe:

1 Can Ready made Biscuit dough
Oil for frying
1/2 Cup Agave
1 Tbs Orange Marmalade
Pinch Cinnamon
Candy sprinkles

Add Oil to a deep pan.  Make sure the oil is about two inches deep.  Heat on high for about 2-3 minutes. Cut each biscuit into 9 small pieces if the biscuits are large, and 6 pieces if the biscuits are small.  Add about 9 pieces at a time to the hot oil stirring while they are cooking.  Once they turn golden brown, remove them with a slotted spoon and place on Paper towel to drain. Finish remaining biscuits.
In a large bowl, mix agave, cinnamon and orange marmalade with a whisk. Add the fried dough to the bowl and stir until all pieces are covered with the mixture.  Place on a dish or bowl and sprinkle with candy sprinkles.  Eat a few and then call your family in to enjoy.  Or go ahead and be nice since tis the season... and share from the get go.  (I was just trying to help you out since they do go really quickly!) 
Enjoy...


Hey Lovely...

Thank you for stopping by to see me.  I'd love it if we could meet up again. Let me know what you think about this recipe and my others by joining me here on the blog, facebook or instagram and share a little love.  Why?  Well, it's because I love you too...

So stay awhile, have a nice beverage of your choice, grab a treat or two and enjoy....

                                                   ©2015 MyDeliciousVeganDiary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment