Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Hot Spiced Nutty Nog




My lovely daughter and her awesome hubby stopped by for an impromptu visit.  It was great. I do love my company and  I did happen to get out of my jammies before they arrived (it was already passed 2pm). When they do come to visit, normally I always make something new for them to try since they are most definitely two of my best taste testers around.  And I know my daughter loves the comfort of home where she knows momma will make her the best Vegan meals, drinks or treats around. And that my friends, brings me absolute joy!
My daughter had told me she wanted to stop by so she could try and get into the Christmas mood by seeing the décor of the house. And since I had been wanting to make my own quick nog recipe for awhile, and what couldn't be more Christmas-y but Nog, I decided today was the day for it.  Even though it is more like a delicious coffee-less latte, I think you will really really like this hot holiday drink. It's really quick and easy and is not only a Fall or Winter Drink but I could lap this delicacy up all year long, even cold during the summer months.  So try it and I hope you like it!

Hot Spiced Nutty Nog Recipe:

1 Quart Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Cinnamon sticks
1/2 Tsp Almond extract
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
5 Tbs Brown Sugar
1/4 C Spiced Rum
Dash of Nutmeg for the top
 
Put all ingredients except Rum and nutmeg in a pot on the stove and cook over high heat until bubbling and then simmer for a few minutes stirring a couple of times. Turn off stove and stir in Rum.  Serve Immediately with a sprinkle of nutmeg.   You can increase the recipe and heat it then add to a crockpot to keep hot for serving during a party too.  Be sure to add the alcohol and nutmeg to the crock pot right before the party.  Enjoy!  
 
 

Hey You...

Thank you for stopping by to see me.  I'd love it if we could meet up again. Let me know what you think about this recipe and my others by joining me here on the blog, facebook or instagram and share a little love.  Why?  Well, it's because I love you too...

So stay awhile, have a nice beverage of your choice, grab a treat or two and enjoy....

                                                   ©2015 MyDeliciousVeganDiary

 

 
 










1 comment: