Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper Pasta

Tonight I was craving Red Peppers like crazy. I normally always give into my urges if I have time to create something.  Well I just happened to buy a jar of roasted red peppers a couple of days ago and voila, a recipe was born.  And I liked it.
 
 
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
 
1 jar ( 10oz ) oil marinated red peppers with garlic (add a tsp garlic if it's not in the jar already)
1/3 cup roasted cashews
1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
1/8 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on if you like a little more heat or not, but 1/4 tsp is not hot)
pinch salt
1 box or bag of cooked noodles

 
In a food processor, process all ingredients, except pasta.  When the chunks of cashews are almost unnoticeable, it is ready.  Spoon over hot cooked pasta and Eat. Yummy! This fresh, vibrant and flavorful pasta is quite a change from your regular tomato based spaghetti.  Try this cold too for a nice summer salad adding in a few chunks of fresh diced red peppers and your favorite cold vegetables. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment