Saturday, November 30, 2013

One Bowl Pumpkin Blondies

I'm having cravings. My cravings are turning me into a crazed bake-aholic. Today, I was craving chocolaty oozy gooey brownies.  Just as I  was getting ready to bake them, it dawned on me I had leftover pumpkin in my refrigerator from Thanksgiving.  The one thing I hate the most is waste so I decided to scrap the Brownie plan and shoot for a Pumpkin Blondie instead.  I've never made Blondies before so this was an attempt to use leftovers and to make something tasty to curb my outrageous cravings.  Here we go...



One Bowl Pumpkin Blondies

1 stick Vegan butter
1/2 c pumpkin
1 tsp baking powder
3 ener-G eggs
1 tsp vanilla
dash salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 package Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Pumpkin Spice flavor (*If it's hard to find since it is seasonal, omit and add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice or pumpkin pie spice)


Spray bottom of 9x11 pan with cooking spray. (*this is not a 9x13 pan.  I found this odd size at a baking store because it was bigger than an 9x9 but that'd work too) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave proof bowl, melt butter.  Mix with pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, and salt.  Add flour, baking powder, ener-G eggs, and Pumpkin spice packet and stir well.  Pour into 9X11 pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

Let cool.


We couldn't wait for it to cool.  We're bad like that.  But I liked it.


Eat. Eat another. Eat one more...tell no one! 

 
Enjoy.  We sure did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment