Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Chorizo Meatballs

 
Oh my gosh...talk about amazing.  Vegan Chorizo Meatballs are the bomb.   I created this recipe out of necessity.  I'm a big juicer and I love my fresh juice but I hate the waste of pulp. Most of the time I compost it but sometimes I add it into a few baked items or freeze it until a later date.  I decided today I'd put it to good use and make this veggie pulp work for me. So thus, the Chorizo meatball was born.

 
I love these meatballs by themselves, in tomato sauce (yes, they are so flavorful that you really don't even need to flavor the sauce) or with vegan gravy.  It's your choice.  As for me, today I want a nice meatball submarine sandwich with sauce and some mozzarella style vegan cheese. Now...I'm complete!


Vegan Chorizo Meatballs

1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
1 cup sauteed onion
1 cup sauteed mushroom
1-10 oz tube of Soy Chorizo
2 cups (packed) veggie pulp.  (I used beet, carrot, spinach and red bell pepper)  Your meatballs will vary in flavor if you juice different veggies.  Try to avoid veggies that are stringy like celery but a little won't hurt.

 
In a food processor, blend oats,  and first four spices until mostly pulverized. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine for about a minute.

 Roll into small balls and place about an inch apart on a cooking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Makes approx 32 meatballs.

Serve or cool and freeze.  To Freeze, freeze on a small cookie sheet or plate and once frozen, place in a container or Ziploc bag and place back in the freezer.
 

 

 
So tell me...How are YOU gonna eat your meatless Chorizo meatballs?

No comments:

Post a Comment