Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pistachio Whip


Saint Patrick's Day is right around the corner and whether you are celebrating, having a party gathering or just dessert for one, this yummy whipped cream dip is so delightful, you really won't care if anyone else shows. 
 (Note the spoon? Yes, there is one...
for me.  And I'm not to proud to say it, Yes, I'm an addict!)


 
Oh Yes, it will be a Happy St Patty's day now.  In fact, since I can get Pistachios all year long, it'll most likely be a Happy year too!




Pistachio Whip Recipe~
1/8 tsp Almond Extract
20 skinned and crushed Pistachios
1 C Vegan Whipped Cream (recipe below)
A small drop of green food coloring gel or paste
(Want more...double it, even more...triple it, more than that?..You just may be an addict too!)


In a bowl, add crushed Pistachios to whipped cream, almond extract and a drop of green food coloring gel or paste and stir gently until mixed. Serve with cookies, fruit, cake or eat with a spoon (my favorite way to eat it.)
 
 
I crush my pistachios the old fashioned way...baggy and rolling pin.
 






Whipped Cream

One 14oz can coconut milk ( High quality, high fat content milk left in fridge for at least 12-24 hours. You'll use all the hardened cream and 1/8 cup of the liquid)
6 oz lite firm tofu, drained
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Food Process tofu, vanilla and canned coconut. Add in sugar and process quickly. Chill in freezer 10 minutes in your food processor bowl. Food Process again and serve. I store mine in the refrigerator loosely wrapped but you'll want to use it that day or the next.

Follow me on facebook at


No comments:

Post a Comment