Saturday, May 17, 2014

Garlic Panko Pasta

 How about something delightfully delicious, nutritious and super simple and easy to make in under 10 minutes?  This Garlic Pasta is one of my all time quick and easy favorite pastas and everyone always enjoys it when I make it. Normally I would broil and food process bread to make the crumbs but I just recieved my package from Edward & Sons Trading post and this organic and crispy Panko was in my box.  I knew instantly what I'd use it for.  And not only did this Panko make this recipe even quicker but I love the consistency and the way it stays crispy even longer.  Try it...you are going to love it!
 
Garlic Panko Pasta
5 Tbs Olive Oil
zucchini or squash (2 small)
3 cloves garlic
1 box spaghetti noodles
2 cups Edward & Sons Organic Panko crumbs Buy here
1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper (more to taste)
 
 
 
Broil Panko crumbs a few minutes in the oven until lightly brown.  Set aside.
 
 
Boil noodles according to directions. Drain noodles reserving 1/8 cup pasta water. In 1 Tbs olive oil, grill zucchini, squash and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes on medium/ high heat.  Add salt, pepper, cooked noodles, 4 Tbs olive oil and pasta water and stir on medium heat for two minutes. Turn off heat, add panko crumbs, stir to mix in and eat immediately while panko crumbs are still crispy.




 
Did I mention you must enjoy this? It's a must, and trust me...You will.



2 comments: