Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Strawberry, Swiss and Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich

 
I've been buying daiya cheese for about four years now.  When I first went vegan because of my thyroid cancer diagnosis (I'm completely cancer free now yes!) and I had missed cheese like nobodies business,  and I was told I could shop a couple stores with dairy free cheeses, yogurts, etc.  Ever since, I've been a vegan cheese-aholic and love creating exciting, flavorful and fun food recipes. And there was love at first sight when I found these slices of Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella Style melting slices. Since then, it's been heavenly creations ever since!
Last month I noticed daiya was having a grilled cheese sandwich contest and I decided to enter it. Here is my entry below.  It's easy and delicious.  Enjoy!
 
 
 

Strawberry, Swiss and Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich
 
2 slices Swiss Style Slices
2 large sliced strawberries
1 sprig fresh marjoram
2 vegan tortillas
1 tbsp chopped pecan
1 oz sliced onion
 
In a pan or on a griddle sprayed with non-dairy cooking spray, add tortilla and top with all ingredients except Swiss Style Slices.
Break up Swiss Style Slices into small pieces and sprinkle on top.
Place second tortilla on top and press to cook.
 
Let cool for 1-2 minutes. Eat flat or slice and roll for a cute presentation.
 
Check out more great recipes from daiya's site easily by clicking here~ This recipe and more great recipes
 
 
And here are more delicious, tried and true recipes from My Delicious Vegan Diary using the Mozzarella Style and Cheddar Style ~Daiya recipes from My Delicious Vegan Diary

Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich
Chorizo Rice Stuffed Peppers


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment