Thursday, May 29, 2014

Alfredo Tomato Orzo

Lately I'm all about quick and easy.  I've been extremely tired lately since I've been working my new job visiting restaurants as a corporate field rep ( I love it and love meeting all the business owners) but driving around in traffic all day can be exhausting. So I get home and want to eat quick so that I can relax with the hub, the kids and furry kids before I head to bed. This is a first in my life since I'm a cook all day kind of gal and never dreamed I'd want to go to sleep before midnight. Crazy right?  Well, thanks to my friends at Edward & Son's Trading Company, I can buy great items to make my meal planning much easier, quicker and semi-homemade. And better yet, I can buy online for about .49c cheaper than I can get it in my local stores.  And this Orzo dish is another delicious and flavorful pasta that I know my children will be making in the future for their families someday too.
 
 
Alfredo Tomato Orzo recipe~
 
6 cups water
1 Tbs Better than Chicken or Vegetable Bouillon
1 Tbs Rosemary
2 3/4 cups Orzo
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (about 15 oz)
2 packets (1.1 oz ea) Alfredo Style Sauce  (Click to order~ Alfredo packet )
1 cup milk
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and vegan Parmesan to taste


 
Boil water and add bouillon and rosemary. Stir.  Add Orzo and cook about 7 -9 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse and set aside. In the same pan, add milk and sauce mix and whisk until it starts to thicken. Add Orzo and drained can of tomatoes back to the pan and stir. Add in Oil and stir until combined.  Add salt and parmesan to taste and Enjoy...


3 comments:

  1. Thank you rika@vm. Let me know when you try it. I think you'll love it if you're a pasta fan like me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UagamMfal_a_1983 Reggie Jiles Crack
    usethtasko

    ReplyDelete